If you have trouble using the site your feedback will help us to make it better. If you have any problems please contact us and let us know.
Change text size
You can use your browser settings to change the text size for all the websites that you visit. The technique for doing this is slightly different depending on the browser that you use:
- Google Chrome: Select one of the ‘Text Zoom’ options in the ‘Customise and control Google Chrome’ menu
- Internet Explorer 9: Select ‘Settings’, then one of the options under ‘Zoom’
- Internet Explorer 7/8: Select the ‘Page’ menu, then one of the options under ‘Zoom’ or ‘Text Size’
- Internet Explorer 6: Select the ‘View’ menu, and select one of the options under ‘Text Size’
- Mozilla Firefox: Select the ‘View’ menu, then ‘Zoom’, then one of the options
- Opera: Select the ‘View’ menu, then one of the ‘Zoom’ percentage options
Other browsers may also have similar options available. Please consult the documentation provided with your browser if similar options to the ones above aren’t available.
If you have any difficulty using the internet or have any accessibility issues, we hope the following information is useful.
- If you need help getting started online
Getting started with the internet (BBC WebWise)
- Find a free internet training course near you
UK online centres offer free computer and internet training across the country.
- If you don’t have regular access to an internet connection
Book internet access in your local library
- If you find a keyboard or mouse hard to use
Find out how to make your mouse easier to use (BBC My Web)
Find out how to use your keyboard to control your mouse (BBC My Web)
Find out about alternatives to a keyboard and mouse (BBC My Web)
- If you can’t see very well
Learn how to increase the size of the text in your web browser (BBC My Web)
Learn how to change text and background colours to make them easier to read (BBC My Web)
Learn how to magnify your screen (BBC My Web)
- If you are blind
Find out about screen readers and talking browsers (BBC My Web)